Peter Wycoff Update

From Luke Teague - "Just an update about packages to Peter Wycoff--we have sent 2-packages of goodies and he received both of them. We will send one final box on Monday and want to thank everyone who helped. It has been a blessing to make Peter's tour easier and feel like home. Here is the email Peter sent me for all to read. In Christ, Luke Teague."

"Thank you for the packages. It really means a lot getting stuff from home.
We had a seemingly long winter this year and are just now getting into the 80s during the day. I expect it'll be pretty warm by the time we leave for Kuwait. The dust storms have started as well, I'm not even faxed by them anymore since we've been through so many but it is a task keeping the dust out of sensitive equipment.
I found out the other day that we've been drinking purified water from the Tigris River since we got here which I thought was pretty interesting.
I've also seen a bit of the country from the air on the way to another base including a small town called Hit which is supposed to be the sight of the Ahava River where the Jewish exiles assembled under Ezra on their way to Jerusalem from Babylon. Iraq is an interesting place.
We just had elections a few weeks ago and that went well, it's hard to keep track of politics here since thousands typically run for only a couple hundred seats. I think there are over 400 political parties.
We'll start packing our things up in the next 2-weeks or so and then the process of clearing the post will begin. We're in our last weeks and everyone's anxious to get home.
Thank you for the prayers. I know that I have been kept from harm in a very random, unpredictable country.
I look forward to seeing you all soon - Pete."

No comments:

Post a Comment